Monday, June 22, 2009
A "Trip" to Town
I am running about a month behind on everything it seems. But, I had to share one of the greatest laughs of the month. It all began when we decided to take Zack to the IFA store (farming supplies) in town. They normally have bunnies, chicks, and baby ducks that you can look at and sometimes even pick up. We hit the jackpot this time. They had hundreds of chicks in great big tanks and you could actually pick them up. Zachary didn't quite know what to think of all of them but he was curious. Brandi and Duane would pick up the little fuzzy balls of fluff and try to get Zachary to pet them to see how wonderful they were. Eventually he got the hang of it. The big laugh came when Brandi was bending over one of the chick filled tanks far enough that Zachary could actually try to pet them without picking them up. I was busy clicking away when I heard the tank shift. All of the sudden Brandi was flying head-first into the little pile of chicks below. She was holding Zachary in front of her so his weight combined with the shifting, or scooting, of the tank made it impossible for her to recover very gracefully or quickly. Before I could get a chuckle out, I grabbed for her thinking she was going all the way in and we were going to be buying a bunch of little squished drum sticks and wings for dinner. HA! I pulled her by her belt loops until she recovered her balance--Zachary screaming the whole time out of sheer terror. Neither of us dared to look up at the people who were congregated around the tanks with us. That is always the place with the biggest crowd. We scurried off trying to contain our rolling fits of laughter. It was one of those things where you HAD to be there to get the full effect. Needless to say, we are watching Zachary for signs of post traumatic chicken syndrome. Hopefully he will not have visions of little chicks coming at him at the speed of light for the rest of his life and be scarred forever....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
was is that tin barrel in the pictures that she fell in? I am confused how that could happen hehe Good thing she was not hurt! ha
I just showed sydney the pics of zachary and the chicks and she is officially jealous hehe she wants to go there too!!
:) We are crossing our fingers that they will still have them--or some cute little animal!--when you get here! They are so CUTE!
Post a Comment