It has been a rather busy week last month. Well, okay, I guess it actually SHOULD count as a month but it sure seems like May was only a week long. We had so much to do in the yard with spring clean up and planting this and that--that it seemed that there was never enough time to do it all. So, Duane took a couple days off! I thought, PERFECT! Now we should be able to get the garden planted and get a lot of clean up in the yard done! Yay!
The first morning started out perfectly. We slept in until 7 a.m. and woke up to the sound of Meadow Larks (my favorite way to start the day). It wasn't long before we were out in the glorious sunshine of a perfect morning. Duane was busy working away at some projects he's been longing to get done and I decided to water the new trees that we had planted a few weeks before. I pulled at the long, long hose and all of the sudden there was no resistance against my pulls! I looked over to see why and found, quite to my great surprise, that we had developed a geiser in our back yard--right about the same place where the hose was supposed to be hooked to the spicket. I glanced at Duane just in time to see him look up and see the geiser spouting 25 feet into the sky. I looked at him and said, "I think I did a bad thing," in hopes that he wouldn't ground me and send me back to the house for the rest of the day.
It took some time to figure out how to turn off the water. I'd broken the plastic fitting right off and there was no way to plug it without sending flying projectiles high above the trees. That specific pipe was fed by irrigation water and it was on the same line as four other homes. Echo, our sweet neighbor and giggly friend, helped me track down the one and only person in the valley who knew where the turn off valve was located.
While I got the water turned off, Duane went to town and got replacement parts. Everything calmed down quite nicely...until I started on to my next project...
As quickly as he got the spicket fixed, I had found that I cut through one of the sprinkler hoses that he's buried in my flower garden. It felt that he was going right along behind me cleaning up my messes all morning! If I were him, I would have sent me to my room!!!
1 comment:
hahah That made me laugh..that so would be me out there...that's why I don't do the outside chores and when we get a house of our own, i am sure Dillon wont want me working on stuff either but I wont complain!! hehe Can't wait to see it all next month. Wow that sounds so weird when I say next month. This summer is flying by.
Post a Comment