Thursday, November 25, 2010

Witches Night!

So I've finally got all the time in the world to work on photos!  I am going to have to back track so you can see them...sorry you're getting Halloween for Thanksgiving. 

Our Witches Night Out was another fun event for us girls.  Wanda's foyer turned out amazing with the red velvet drape hanging that she found.  The only problem was that SOMEONE kept turning out the lights behind the drapes so at times they didn't even show up.  I am not positive as to who that culprit was but I'm pretty sure he owns a few jewelry stores and his name begins with Carl.  hee hee 

The night would have been great if we had actually been a real witches house.  The wind began to blow and then it began to rain.  We  had it soooo organized this year too!  We had a great plan for building a tunnel through the garage (which was the HIT of the night because of Megan's friend Jeff) so that we could streamline our guests.  Then the rain hit and we wanted to get people in and through as quickly as possible.  That just took the fun out of it for me but I think the kids enjoyed it anyway because we had more return visitors that normal and I'm sure it was because of Jeff.

Jeff, as I mentioned, is a friend of Megan's who came to help us with the festivities.  Richard even came to help and without those two, I'm not sure if we would have got it all done.  Jeff was amazing.  He does incredible things with little wire.  He makes chains (necklaces) and belts and, most impressive, chain-mail!  When you look at the photos, take special note of the vest that Jeff (or Handsome Jack as we call him) is wearing.  That, my dears, is made of little wires that he made into 1/4" circles and strung together.  Very impressive.

1 comment:

Valerie: said...

hahaha OMG those pictures are so funny. You gals look GREAT as usual!!