Okay, okay...I know that Vernal has, at times, given a few of my near and dear a bad taste in their mouth as far as being a cute and quaint place to live. But, in my very qualified opinion, they're cracked. Duane and I have really come to love it here. Not for the town so much but for our little three acrea piece of paradise. We wake up to the sweet smell of trees and flowers in bloom with birds chirping and bees buzzing. It has been a good spring and everywhere we look, it is green. When we go out on our back steps, we can hear the nearby creek as we just sit and enjoy this little patch of ours.
We have a huge yard that we have been working in an average of five hours a day--either with pulling plants out of our garden of finely cultured grass and spreading weeds (who wants to raise stinkin vegetables anyway!!!) or mowing and cultivating the lawn, or dreaming about landscaping, or working on cleaning up all the ...mm... extra stuff laying around the yard. The biggest project of the year so far has been Duane and his remake of the shed area. I wish I had taken before pictures but all I have are the after. Just let me say that the before was more like a junk heap rather than a freshly painted, new and improved workshop.
Even though we don't have the forests of Germany or Japan or the "true green" of Oregon, we love our little spot of the world--especially when we have kids home for a visit!
1 comment:
Wow the house and that new shed look really good. It really is a cute, little house and its all spruced up!! keep up the good work!!
Post a Comment