Saturday, February 16, 2013

Belonging

This week has been a very nice week.  It began on Sunday after church.  As we walked down the hall people stopped us and visited with us so much that it took forever to get outside.  That made me feel known and special.  Wednesday morning I got a call from Dyanne.  She needed help with some family history that she had been stuck on for years (Dyanne was just called as the new Ward Family History Consultant and she comes to me for help with her training).  She stayed and asked questions and searched for ancestors for three hours.  We both got shivers when we found the five long lost children of her ggrandparents and she leaped out of her chair and hugged me with excitement.  That made my day. Then Sister Hatfield brought over her new companion on Wednesday evening because she was excited for her to meet us.  Sister Hatfield likes us...and we adore her.  We laugh a lot at each other.  On Thursday my new friends Janie and Gail took me out to a favorite sandwich place of theirs.  I felt special because they included me in their circle of friendship--a friendship that they have had for many, many years.  They told me that they love how I teach and they brought word from another woman (who I don't even know) that told them to make sure they told me that she also loves my lessons.  They made me feel so accepted and cared for. Yesterday I finally sent in the information I was hired to find for my new job as a genealogy consultant!  I was rather disheartened because I didn't feel that I found anything more than what they already had.  Then I got word back that one of the tidbits that I found lead them right where they needed to go!  Success on my first researching job!!!  That made my day!  Today, Saturday, my love muffin took me to a chick-flick!  He's not highly fond of chick-flicks.  Spending time with him is my favorite past-time.  When we got home there was a message on the answering machine from Leslie.  She and her family wanted to invite us over for dinner tomorrow.  I love Leslie and her husband Scott.  They are the kind of people who are so great that you wonder why they give you the time of day--but that is one of the things that makes them so great.  People look up to them because of their kindness.  Yes, this has been a good week.  I have not felt this cared for by people other than my family for a long, long time.  There is something about it that makes one feel that they belong.

No comments: