Friday, November 16, 2012

Middle Aged Vamp Addict

ummmmm...the smell of popcorn...the sticky floor...lines and lines of people and excitement in the air.  What else could it be but a TWILIGHT MARATHON!

I had the most fun yesterday!  I sat for thirteen hours (11 a.m. to 12 a.m.) and watched the five Twilight movies back to back in a crowd of strangers.  I had never experienced a movie marathon before but I have to tell ya, it is a blast!  Everyone there was so fun!  The woman that sat next to me wore her vampire fangs (she was "team Jacob") while others wore their Twilight t-shirts.  I thought it would be 99% women but there were teenage boys, husbands and wives, and mostly 30-55 year old women.  It was a HOOT!  Everyone laughed, clapped, gasped, and yelled all at the right moments.  I LOVED IT!  By the time the marathon was over it felt like I was sitting in a room of friends!

Behind me was a woman around my age.  She was so funny.  When Jacob takes off his shirt for the first time, there is a general gasping and sucking in of breath for the whole audience (except for me...it felt rather odd ogling over a little boy even though he had an incredible build).  But the woman behind me was about to go into a full body orgasm every time she saw Jacob's finely detailed muscles.  It was so funny.

I had not gone to see part one of Eclipse last year because I hate it when movies are split up like that.  The first movie was not done very well but as they progressed, they got better and better.  The final movie was SO GOOD!  It has been a while since I've read the books (all four in a week) so I couldn't really remember all the details.  That made the movie even better.

When I got home I couldn't get to sleep until around 2:30 a.m. because I couldn't get the movie out of my mind.  It was the funnest thing I have done on my own--EVER!  I do highly recommend the movie but only IF you are in to the Twilight thing.  The best part of the marathon was that everyone already loved the movies and the characters.  Edward (Pattenson?) even began to grow on me by the time the movie was over.

1 comment:

Valerie: said...

OMG you sat there for that many hours? you are soooo brave. My back would KILL me!I am so jealous you saw the new one. My time will come soon and we will go see it! haha Glad Edward is growing on you. How could he not. I just want to eat him!! Sounds like fun! I am guessing Duane did not go...heheh