Friday, November 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today marks the thirty-fifth anniversary of two kids that still have a pretty solid crush on each other.  He calls her "my girl" and "beautiful" and "scrumptious" and (her favorite) "ma daarlin." He doesn't see that she is overly plump.  He doesn't say anything about the wrinkles around her eyes and the slowly developing jowls or stray goat hairs on her chin.  He wakes her up with cuddles and kisses and a very cheerful "good morning sweetheart."  He opens doors for her.  He gives her a helpful boost as she is climbing stairs (or, perhaps he is just copping a feel?) and he offers his arm or holds her hand as they walk across parking lots, in stores, or anywhere at all.  He rubs her tired feet as they watch t.v. at night.  He never goes to bed or to work or out the door without giving her a kiss.  He spoils her rottin' with his love.

She calls him "love muffin," or "handsome" or "hunka man" or "my lover man."  She loves the salt and pepper of his hair and the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles.  She loves that he makes her laugh.  The touch of his hand is the most comforting feeling in the world.  She loves him with all of her being and feels like the most cherished princess in all of the land.  She is always amazed that someone in this world could love a person like her as much as this boy always has.  She says that she loves him most--he just loves her better.

To each other they say, "I love you today" and "Did I tell you that I love you today?" and "I love you" a million times a day.  Whether it is said vocally or through kind deeds, love and admiration is the juice that runs this marriage.  What a lucky girl I am.

Happy Anniversary to the love of my life--I really did get the better part of the deal.

No comments: