Friday, March 23, 2012

The Hunger Games

I decided to treat myself to an early showing of the Hunger Games today!  That trilogy is one of my most favorite because of the parody that it plays on our own society.  When they go to the city and see all the people trying to put on a flamboyant show with their clothes, hair, and makeup, it gives me a sad chuckle because of all the people who do just that with our botox, face lifts, hair styles, ect.  Oh the tortures that we put ourselves through to look good every day.

Katniss is the main character and although she plays the role that she has in order to stay alive, she remains true to herself.  I loved the books and I love this first movie.  I think they did a great job of casting.  I am so glad that I did read the books before seeing the movie though--there is so much that is left out even though the movie did a good job of getting as much in as it could.  It is NOT an uplifting movie though...just thought provoking.

No comments: