Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Trip to Virginia


 August has been my most favorite time of this whole year.  It started off with a great trip down to watch Dillon graduate as well as being able to spend a few days with him, Val, and Sydney.  Then after we got home, we had the greatest time when Brandi came with Zachary and Gracie for a few days (pictures to follow!).  Education Week was exhaustively wonderful as I desperately fought a cold off in time to go and visit Josh and Mindy.  I didn't know if I would be able to make it but I had my own little miracle happen the day of flying to Virginia--I felt better all of the sudden!


 Chrystal and I flew to Virginia on the 22nd of August and we were able to stay and play with babies for five whole days!  We had thought we would miss time with Josh at home but somehow he was able to squeeze another couple days off when we first got there and then he was able to work from home the other days.  I don't know that we were able to help out much with the kids, but we sure enjoyed them.

Logan was a bit shy at first but he was quick to warm up after we began to play with all of his balls with him.  He has quite the kick on him already--and he's just barely two years old!!!  He has the cutest vocabulary.  It takes a little getting used to but then you can pick up what he is saying quite easily.  I love his excitement--especially when he saw his mom or the twins.  He would yell, "Dere's da mama!" or "Dere's da bebe's!"  He absolutely adored Chrystal.  I think it is going to be difficult for anyone to top her as
the favored aunt of our family.  She gets right down there and plays with the kids and they just eat it up.

The girls are just beautiful.  If you look close enough, you can tell them apart.  Jane is still a bit more fussy than Claire and Claire is a little fuller in the face.  Chrystal has claim on Jane if they get tired of her though.  She held her much more than she should have been allowed!  Josh thinks that Claire is his and Jane is Mindy's--that is why they had TWO babies!

Because of Josh being able to work from home, he was able to help out quite a bit with the girls.  Mindy and he had a great schedule set up so that they would both get "enough" sleep (is it ever enough with twins and a two year old!?).  Chrystal and I were quite amazed how how Josh took his shift so Mindy could go to bed early.  He would change both of the girls' diapers, get them swaddled up, and give both of them a bottle at the same time.  He had quite the system.   Today is Mindy's first day with all of the kids to herself and I know she is going to miss having a helper around.  It kind of makes me kick myself for not going now instead!  (But, we had thought Josh was going to have to be back at work when we originally made our plans so we could help out...he just got sneaky and stayed home longer!)

It was a wonderful trip and as always Josh and Mindy made us feel totally welcome and comfortable.  They have a wonderful little family and a great relationship as a couple so it is always fun to be around them.





No comments: