Saturday, December 11, 2010

Northern Exposure Exists!

A few years back there was a t.v. program that was about a little town in Alaska and it's kooky people.  I enjoyed watching it thinking that it would be cool to live in such a place.  Well, I'm here!  I would say that the majority of the men look like Santa with their long flowing beards.  One guy who crossed the street in front of us today had the coolest beard and hair that was barely longer than his beard.  His hair was way past the middle of his back.  In the last week I have seen a herd of Dall sheep (like big horned sheep), four or five moose--right in the middle of town--and today, I saw a man taking reindeer on a walk through the middle of town!  I guess the reindeer's name is Star and he is a local celebrity.  Of course, I wasn't packing my big ole camera.  Who would have thought that you would see something like that in the middle of downtown Anchorage.  Hilarious!

No comments: