

I am still in the process of catching up with the events of the last couple months. Today I found myself going through some pictures on the computer and ended up spending much of my evening looking at the pictures of when Dillon and Valerie came to visit. We had such a great time that week. I wish it could have gone on for much longer.
Sydney was captivating and a non-stop bundle of energy. She loves make believe and would continually assign each of us parts to play in her make believe games. Most of the time the characters centered on the movies of The Little Mermaid, Todd and Copper, or even the Lion King. We also spent a lot of time in the kitchen where Sydney helped me make this and that. She was so cute because she would always want to taste things--usually ending up not liking them. But when it came to the seven layer bean dip, she couldn't keep her little finger out of the refried bean layer--until I put the icky green stuff on top (the guacamoli). She wanted me to scrape it off so she could have more beans. HA!
I was constantly amazed at how well she communicated. The funniest part was when Valerie and I would be visiting and Sydney would happen to be a part of the topic. She would be totally involved in her playing nearby but when she heard us say something about her, she would say, "Stop talking about me!" So hilarious!
One morning Wanda called and invited us to go out on the lake with them. Candice had brought out her kids and she and Valerie have always hit it off. We were all amazed when Sydney had no fear about getting in the tube with her daddy to be pulled behind the boat at a rather higher speed than any of us thought she would enjoy. It seemed that the faster we went, the more fun she had. She definitely has some of her dare devil daddy's blood in her! She has no fear of anything!
It was so great to have them here and watch how well Dillon and Valerie work as a team with this little precious girl. They are great parents and totally dedicated to their little family. Valerie and I got in some good visits and I also stole a few minutes of Dillon's time from his dad. I just can't get enough of those moments even if I had an eternity full of them. I love being with our kids!
1 comment:
I am glad you had a good time with us there...we did as well. Thanks for the nice comment. I didnt mean for my post to be a bashing post on myself, i guess i was really starting to wonder if i looked that bad before. hehe I think people just automatically say pregnant girls look cute no matter what they look like cause to someone who is not the pregnant one then maybe they do look cute. I just dont see it when i look at myself but i know its not a big deal and my mom keeps reminding me it's not going to last forever!!
Post a Comment