I wish this would reach the masses so I could share with them my experience with KitchenAid Appliances. We thought we were buying quality appliances. I did research and checked customer reports and did not buy lightly. We spent THOUSANDS to get what I thought were the best quality for our new home. Well...
The first time I used the cleaning feature on my Architect II Series Convection Oven, the entire glass front exploded. It seems that there was a tiny little spot in the glass that quality control didn't catch. Luckily this happened within the warrantee period so they sent someone out to fix it...twice. The first time the guy couldn't figure out what to do.
Now, after using the cleaning feature for the THIRD TIME, my oven will not work any more. The fans still blow but there is no heating going on at all. Now KitchenAid wants to sell me a "Repair Plus" plan for over $300 to have something repaired that should not have happened in the first place. The cause of it is shoddy work by KitchenAid and because the warrantee is over, they will not cover their own bad work.
At the same time we bought our convection oven, we also bought a new refrigerator that was a couple thousand dollars. It no longer has a working ice machine because the motor on it already died.
I am one little voice out in the vastness of consumerism but if this helps one person make an informed decision, I will be happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment