I love the gospel. I love the organization of the church. I love that the church is all over the world and even in the little cracks and crevasses that we don't even know exist. This weekend was our Stake Conference and every minute of it was amazing.
Last night we had a computer linked conference with two of the Seventy in charge. Through computer links we were able to connect as a stake in a way that I have never experienced. Today we had a speaker from a far away little tiny dot on the Alaskan map; one from whom we only heard her words from through a telephone connection that she had at her office in the small village where she lived. The conference today is being given in two different sessions. We went to the 10 o'clock session. The same people will be giving the same talks in the afternoon session at 2 o'clock this afternoon.
I don't know how many stakes there are in Alaska but I assume there is just the one Anchorage Stake. Everyone gathers from far and near to hear the words of their leaders. It just warms my heart to know that there are soooo many people out there who make the sacrifices to do this. There are so many people who probably feel quite insignificant out there in the little snow-bound fishing villages but they are able to gather with a huge gathering two times a year with the desire to be taught. Amazing. Totally amazing.
Aren't you grateful for the gospel! I love every aspect of it and feel so blessed to be a part of something so special and so big.
No comments:
Post a Comment