Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jon & Meghan


It has been a very, very busy month. Between Trees for Charity and Jonathon and Meghan's wedding, there hasn't been much time for breathing, let alone anything else. Although it can be stressful, I have really enjoyed having so many "good" things to do that affect people in a positive way.

Jonathan and Mehgan's wedding was absolutely beautiful. I found myself choked up even though I had to concentrate on taking the photos. Meghan is such a sweet and fun girl. I don't think Jon could have done better if he'd searched the world over. They compliment each other as a husband and wife should--each bringing out the better parts of each other.

Although I've been swamped with getting the 76 entries to turn in their descriptions of their tree and charity for the brochure, I promised Wendy that I would take Friday and Saturday just to dedicate to helping with the wedding. I did have to sneak in some TforC a bit though...there are a few stragglers who can't seem to let themselves be on time with deadlines...most of the time was wedding preparation. And, it was a ball! I'm not sure she was very wise in having me assist in putting together the corsages and boutonnieres but mom and I gave it a try. I do have to say that they turned out pretty nice but by the time the reception was over Saturday evening, the flowers had taken a tole and were ready to be put to rest. I had really wished that Brandi could have been here to steer us right with that project!

Mom and Wendy put together the cake. It was quite a job as it was their first time working with fondant. The end result was quite striking though and it stood out so beautifully at the reception. There were a lot of oooh's and awww's.


The rest of the time was spent in preparing a little light refreshment for just after the wedding. It was supposed to be a small wedding; perhaps 50 people or so. Well, it goes to show what happens when you grow up in the same community--I'd say around 70 showed up. Wanda had emptied her living room for the ceremony and every chair was taken there. The overflow was up on the balcony where it began to overflow. It was great showing all the support shown for these kids and their families. It made me a little sad that we didn't have a better turn out for our kid's wedding and receptions though. Anyway! After the ceremony and hugs and kisses, everyone went downstairs to where we had laid out our "light refreshment." Obviously some people didn't get the memo that it wasn't a meal because it was as if a hoard of locust had flown through. Wanda and I had both thought that we were making way too much food but Wendy proved to be the one who knew what she was doing. There was hardly a scrap of food left! If Wendy hadn't put aside a plate for Jon, Meghan, and me, we would have had to starve!

The reception had an incredible turn out as well. Even Mayor Mashburn showed up! It was a great event and I was quite relieved when I went to view the photos to find that they had turned out quite well. I even caught the bouquet being flung through the air perfectly! It has been a great, great weekend. I hope Jonathon and Meghan will always be as happy and supported as they were yesterday.

No comments: