It has been quite some time since I've been able to sit down and work on my blog, hasn't it! I'm not sure what has been going on--I just know that it has been keeping me quite busy. As you can see by my new header, we did have yet another movie night. This time Brandi had the idea of watching Get Smart and having everyone come as their favorite spy! We had a great time preparing for it and even made invisible invitations that everyone had to decode in order to know when and what the ordeal was all about. We laughed our heads off at the movie and then had a good time to visit afterward. I was quite impressed that Wanda made it all the way through the movie without a single doze...as far as I could tell anyway. As you can see, everyone had a great time dressing up but I'd have to toss a coin as to whether Brandi or Wanda did the best. It was hilarious when Wanda walked in just like her favorite Pink Panther. Next month we are going to have a 60's theme and both Brandi and Chrystal are planning on coming! Wahoo!
Now, it would be just nuts of me not to mention the fact that we have had some great times with Brandi and Zachary coming for a visit. They only stayed a couple weeks before having to go home and take care of some business. Hopefully they will be coming out in another week or so. Zachary is an absolute genius. He's just like a parrot. If he hears you say something, he'll figure out how to say it right away. I got the biggest kick out of the time when I was playing Guitar Hero and I had missed a note. I have a habit of saying the explicative of "Blast!" when I muff up and Zachary was quick to pick up on it. He was standing right by me watching the t.v. as I play and as soon as I said it, he mimicked it! It was rather cute if I do say so myself!
We were also able to take a quick trip out to visit our other grandkids, Keiko and Suki...Chrystal and Dennis' little rascals. They are quite the pair. Chrystal and Blue have a beautiful new home in the cutest little neighborhood. We didn't get to see much of the city but we did take a nice drive in the country in search of Gramma Dette's home. Our trip was way too quick and we never have enough time to just spend a few days to visit but the time we did have was wonderful. The kids were quite generous in giving dad one of their big screen TVs and our car was full by the time we hit the road again. I do love road-tripping and Duane and I had a great time on our little rendevous.
Now we are just waiting for spring to get here. There have been some wonderul clear days but lately its been too cold to do anything outside. Of course, when spring finally does get here, everything will hit the fan and I won't be able to slow anything down long enough to make the summer last.
No comments:
Post a Comment