Monday, February 16, 2009

What a Lovely Day!

In the past with our rush and hurry world crammed full with this and that's of the day, our Valentine's Day seems to come and go without a whole heck of a lot of whoop-la. But! I do have to say that there has never been a Val Day without ma'man giving me a bunch of flowers or a yummy box of chocolates.

Last weekend when Brandi and Paul were here Duane had some flowers delivered through Pro Flowers. Everyone had quite a few laughs at my expense I might add. They were delivered when Brandi and I went to town so Duane set them on the kitchen table--right where I would walk by them if I went ANYWHERE in the house. I heard Brandi and Paul snickering and figured that they were off on one of their mushy moments. They did everything they could to get me to notice the big florescent green box standing on the table...but every time, I looked right through it. I finally realized something was up with all three of them, Brandi, Paul, AND Duane were standing and staring at me with a big grin on their faces. I finally stopped what I was doing to realize that the big green box was a flower box. It was so totally unexpected and such a nice surprise. Duane had sent them a week early so that I could enjoy them early because we were supposed to have made a trip to visit Chrystal and Blue over Valentine's weekend.

This year was different some how. If there is romance in this household, it usually comes from him a lot more often than it does me. I don't know if it was because *I* decided to put more effort into the day or what it was, but I totally enjoyed just being with my hunny of over 30 years. I spent the week trying to think of something fun and exciting for me to add to the holiday and ended up making him some silly gifts that probably won't be remembered. But, it was fun thinking about and making them. Duane stoked up the BBQ grill and made the most delicious steaks I have had in a long time and we shared a rather special dinner together before heading over to Wanda's to play games until about midnight. It was a great day--mostly because of my hunny of a man so always seems to put spending time with me first no matter what is happening in our lives. Yup! He's a keeper!

1 comment:

Valerie: said...

that is so funny it took you forever to notice those flowers!! Good thing Sydney wasn't there...she might have ruined the surprise!! heheh