Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yoshi the Toad


Yoshi lives by our back step. He is a wonderful little friend who specializes in pest control. The other day when working out in the garden, I lifted up a big stone and there were a ton of rolley-polley's and other creepy crawlies. As I continued to work on pulling weeds and moving plants, I heard this "plop" sound. I looked over to the source of the noise and found Yoshi right smak dab in the middle of all the bugs! He was having a hayday snatching up the little buggars with his long sticky tongue. I ran and grabbed my camera and caught some of the action. If you watch the slide show, you can it plays like a movie. My nifty super duper camera's fast action shutter caught every movement. I especially love the look of pure satisfaction after he caught his prey.


By the way, Yoshi is Japanese for "good." I decided that he needed a Japanese name because he, like the Japanese, eat lots of icky stuff. And, toads are one of the best pets to have in your garden simply because they like all those crawleys.

1 comment:

Ledalu said...

awesome mom...I love him